People get into sports for all sorts of reasons, whether it’s to make new friends or to cultivate a new hobby. However, getting fit is arguably the primary reason for most as the constant movement and athleticism required by most sports makes for a great workout.
Since it’s not quite as rigorous or physically intense as most sports, golf is generally seen by most people as a hobby that doesn’t offer as much health benefits. Further research on the subject proves otherwise, though.For those who are hesitant about getting Rockbottomgolf equipment and trying the sport.
The following is a list of health benefits that are sure to dispel any remaining doubts about how golf is as good a sport as any.
1. Golf burns a lot of calories.Golf courses are usually vast, open spaces. Walking the entirety of one during a typical 18-hole game can equate to a 4-mile run (or about 10,000 steps, which more than meets the minimum level of physical exercise recommended by physicians). Golfers who walk the course while carrying their Callaway golf equipment stuffed-bags typically burn about 2,000 calories. Those who ride golf carts, on the other hand, burn about 1,300 calories, which is the same amount of calories someone would burn if they were to jog on a treadmill for more than 2 hours.
2. Golf can significantly improve one’s posture and balance, thereby lessening the likelihood of back pains or accidents due to tripping or falling. Developing proper form in golf often results in better balance control for players of all ages (provided that one is using the proper equipment, such as those being sold at reliable retailers of Callaway golf), though it’s especially beneficial for those who are aged 60 and above since they are more vulnerable to injuries caused by being thrown off-balance.
3. Like most sports, golf encourages the body to release endorphins – a natural “feel-good” hormone. Furthermore, golf can be played as an individual sport and golf courses are a lot more calming and peaceful than other sporting venues. Thus, playing golf can relieve the body of the harmful effects of stress.
4. Playing golf regularly can prevent the onset of dementia or Alzheimer’s. The degree of concentration and strategy-making that the sport requires stimulates blood circulation in the brain, as well as repairs and enhances the connections between the nerve cells.
5. The exercise that one gets from a full 18-hole game of golf can dramatically reduce the body’s blood glucose levels by as much as 30%. Coupled with the significant amount of calories burned in the process, golfers generally stay within a healthy weight with relatively little effort.
6. Golf is also a great exercise for the heart. Provided that one doesn’t get too excited with their credit card at the nearest Callaway golf retailer (and thus set himself/herself up for a big shock once the bill arrives), golf can be extremely beneficial for one’s cardiovascular health. Regularly playing 18-hole games can build stamina and can boost the heart’s endurance. The considerable degree of physical activity involved in walking across the golf course, swinging the golf club, and lugging heavy equipment bags also helps regulate good blood circulation, which helps keep the heart pumping at a healthy pace.
7. Golf helps people live longer than average. The combined health benefits of regularly playing golf have been found to increase a person’s life expectancy by as much as 5 years, as compared to his/her non-golfer peers.
8. Golfers also enjoy better, more regular sleeping patterns than non-golfers. Most golfers normally hit the course early in the morning, so they are conditioned to sleep before midnight. This in turn helps their bodies recuperate better since the human body’s regeneration process take place between 10 pm to 2 am.
Rockbottomgolf.com has evolved into one of the top cheap golf clubs in the world. Our core philosophy is to provide golfers with incredible deals on top quality golf shirts, golf shoes, golf apparels and golf equipment We buy huge lots of closeout merchandise, keep our overhead as low as humanly possible, leverage technology and then pass the savings to the consumer.